July 19, 2013

"Love, Gracie"

I told a couple of people today that Grace is like the little girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead.  "When she was good, she was very, very good.  But when she was bad, she was horrid."

I have (had) a couple of curtains hung in front of Grace's closet instead of using closet doors.  They were cute.  And functional.  And, for some reason, she yanked them down.  And by "down," I mean that hook thingies (the word escapes me) that hold up the curtain rods are no longer mounted to the wall.  She cried for a long time afterwards and told me she didn't know why she did it.  I was greatly displeased.

But when I went to bed tonight, I found this on my nightstand.  A kitty with a bow in her hair and hearts down below saying, "Love, Gracie."  Interestingly, this kitty was drawn with the same ballpoint pen that scribbled on my tablecloth earlier today.
Love that girl - good, horrid, or in between, I love her.

No comments: