Our boy got braces yesterday!
As I explained at the bottom of this post, Jonathan has some highly unusual tooth issues that are making braces (and a couple of tooth extractions) more urgent. So urgent that he's the only eight-and-a-half-year-old that I know who has braces. (I got mine at nine.) He was a fantastic patient at the orthodontist's office yesterday, and I took this picture right afterwards, in the car. See how zig-zaggy his wire is? It's almost straight today. Already. Amazing. Obviously there's a lot more work to do, but it's amazing to see such a quick first change.
Of course, that's why his teeth are so sore, and he's shed a few tears about how difficult it is to eat today, but we're helping him through that and he's being very brave. And he thinks the mechanics of brushing his braces are very interesting, thank goodness. I hope he keeps up his conscientious brushing habit!
My boy looks so grown up!

No comments:
Post a Comment