We did all this before noon today, and it sounds crazy, so I just had to write it down so I could look back and remember someday. This was with all three kids. We...
Went to the chiropractor. Both boys had fallen on the stairs this week and needed some attention from the doc. Everyone feels great now. I managed to convince Benjamin not to poop in his diaper while there, which he does almost every time we go. (He feels very comfortable there, apparently.)
Drove to the mall to order new glasses for Jonathan, but since I was worried we wouldn't get there on time and hurried to the chiropractor, we were at the mall early. We watched a movie in the parking lot until it opened. Someone, who shall remain nameless, declared the need to poop, but the mall was closed so there was nothing we could do. Then a sibling declared the same need.
The mall's doors opened slightly early so we started to look at glasses, but the bathroom was not open yet, so the nameless child was in tears, needing to poop. Finally, the bathroom opened, so we left our glasses on the counter, sprinted to the bathroom, let both kids do their business, and came back to our glasses where we could concentrate on the task at hand. We found a pair of glasses that qualified for the good deal on glasses and also had lightning bolts over the ears. Perfect.
We drove to the dentist so Jonathan could have two baby teeth pulled. I've blogged about them before...I won't repeat myself. While we were there, Benjamin declared that he needed his diaper changed, so Grace and I accompanied him out to the van to do the job. When we got there, he didn't actually need a diaper change, he was just anticipating it. We went back inside to play for a few minutes and then he really DID need his diaper changed, so we did that. Jonathan was a champ for his extraction, and it was over quickly. While we were paying, Grace had to use the bathroom, so I took her.
Then we drove to the mall since I had promised Jonathan something soft and sweet for being a good sport. He was really nervous to get those teeth pulled. Since we were at the mall, I check the Crazy 8 and Gymboree clearance racks for deals to use with my coupons. (Found some at Crazy 8, not Gymboree.) The kids and I went to Dairy Queen for some little treats. We had our treats by noon, if I remember correctly.
It was a crazy morning, but the kids all did really well. And the best part was...we made it home for naps. Ahhhh!!!
1 comment:
I'm pooped out just reading this! (No pun intended.) Just think of all the time and extra energy you'll have when B. gets potty trained! :)
Post a Comment