Here's the second walk/hike that we took on our first day of sightseeing.
Something about this bridge was really intriguing to me. It was solid - no holes in the railings or bottom. I'm sure some engineer had a fun time figuring out how to make one big curve out of lots of pieces of wood.
Did you know that Elk live on the coast? I didn't. And, apparently, they're there all the time, because there are signs directing drivers where to go to see them easily, and telling them not to approach on foot.
I took this picture from the bottom of the canyon, looking up at the top ledge. The pictures from this walk don't do it justice, but it was beautiful.
The walk through the canyon followed a creek, so we did a lot of our walking over little, portable, wooden bridges. I didn't get good pictures of those, but Jeff got some on his phone, and I'll do a post of his phone pictures soon.
Family photo attempt...
and another one.
We were in a tsunami hazard zone for most of this vacation. The owners we rented from told us that the highest recorded tsunami in the area was 10 feet high, and our house was much higher off of the beach than that, so we were not too worried.
I brought some new coloring stuff for the kids, and it was amazing how excited they got about coloring when they had nothing else to do.
The boys shared a real bunk bed, with the bottom mattress up off of the floor, which they loved. Benjamin had a little trouble sleeping a couple of times, but overall he did great. And you know I can't resist a picture of a sleeping kid.
More pictures to come...


No comments:
Post a Comment