So, here we are. The end of our first year with two kiddos in school. And the end of going up to school three times a day to pick up or drop off. I am sad that they're one year older, but not sad to quit those midday trips to school. If you'd like to see how they've grown, here is their First Day of Fourth Grade and Kindergarten. Jeff wasn't with us on the last day of school...and we were feeling a little less serious and diligent...so the last-day pics are a little goofier than the first day.
Grace has grown even more than I realized. I really like this tradition of wearing the First Day clothes on the Last Day.
Yes, the days of Benjamin in the stroller didn't last for too long last fall. He's a good walker now, although we have ended up driving to and from school quite often.
The required hugging picture usually produces some smiles!
On the kids' last day of school, Grace's class - and all the kindergarten classes - went to the park for playtime and lunch. I didn't realize that we'd be able to take her home early, but that was the case...so, I signed her out and we waited for Jonathan. I had brought a picnic blanket for the time at the park, and it came in handy for some lounging with the younger kiddos. Passersby kept commenting on our situation, so I asked a friend to take our picture, just so we could remember the moment. I'm so glad we did.
When Jonathan got out of class (finally,) he wanted a picture with his two buddies, so we found them and managed to get a picture with everyone's eyes open and nobody walking through the background. Jonathan won't go to school with these guys next year because he will be attending a new school - if all goes as planned. That will complicate our morning and afternoon routines, to be sure, but that's one of the reasons I'm at home - to give them what they need - and, I won't be going to school midday to pick up a kindergartener, at least!
Jonathan's teacher gave each kid a gift that they were not supposed to open until they got home. Jonathan restrained himself and didn't open it on the way home...he waited until he actually got home. And then he read it in the first couple of hours of his summer break.
Gracie had received a birthday present that included a promise of the third Grace book when it was released. I picked it up for her from the sweet family who gave it to her...and she jumped right in and finished it by the end of the afternoon, as well. (We got home just after lunchtime, so she had a full afternoon to enjoy it!)
I imagine that I'm going to be seeing a lot of this - the backs of books - all summer long. As long as I can keep them supplied with books, that is!








No comments:
Post a Comment