I like to walk by the bundles of fat quarters at the fabric store, but sometimes it gets me into a project I hadn't planned! I fell in love with this set of fat quarters and spent some time pondering what I would make out of it. Thankfully, a bundle is only about $5 on sale or with a coupon.
On February 10, I bought two sets of this bundle, and I decided it needed to be a dress for Grace. The top is from here (and I have made the actual dress several times,) and the bottom was roughly inspired by this skirt. I finished it March 1 and had to have Grace model it. I learned some lessons and would do a couple of things differently if I made another one, but I was so thrilled with how it turned out. I think this is the first time I've made a dress with a pattern only as a springboard since the bottom of the dress was just made up in my head.
She wanted to pose like this!
And I thought Kit and Grace needed some matching skirts. They're easy and reversible, and of course you can find them on Pinterest!
These pics were taken March 12. I decided we needed some pictures before church. Just because I love these people!











1 comment:
Love how this dress came out - turquoise and red is my favorite color combo!
Post a Comment