March 1, 2017

Very Long, But Hopefully Worth Reading, February Review

Jonathan wrote some pretty cool thank-you notes for his late birthday celebration.

He still adore his birdies, and they trust him like no one else.

Siri on the left and Twitter on the right.

A friend of mine ordered these outfits for her daughter and dolly, but her daughter outgrew them...but the Graces didn't mind!

Jonathan compared different brands of balloons for his science project.  Jeff had to agree to be the assistant since this project required two sets of hands and I was not interested in the job!

She just looked cute and I needed a picture.

During a rainy winter, the flowers - and the weeds - get happy!

The kindergarteners made hats like George Washington's.  Benjamin was proud!

He also made this food truck with lots of ice cream flavors and condiments for the hot dogs.

Grace and Kit needed some TLC.


I think this is a hot chocolate dispenser.

Benjamin wanted to show off it's parts.

One of the best parts of this year has been my afternoons with Benjamin.  When it's time to get Grace at school, we go early to spend 20-30 minutes reading.  When the weather is nice, we sit at a picnic table on campus, and when it's chilly, we sit in the car.  I have loved listening to him read to me and love that he enjoys reading to himself.  All my efforts have been paying off.

Jeff did a major prune on the blooming plum tree!

Everybody loves Perler beads.

More birdie love!

We went to visit friends, and while the kids played and the moms chatted...

the dads made sauerkraut.

Ew!

Jeff has been planning, researching, and saving to buy a smoker.

It finally arrived!

Like I said, more birdie love.

The kids worked together to turn the smoker boxes into the National Zoo (their name.)  It was awesome!  You can see the water animals below and the land animals above.  The zoo made a happy Sunday afternoon!



Carrie and her friends were garage sale finds from my grandma when I was a little girl.  By the time Carrie came to me, she had no hair.  Grace had been asking me to repair her for a long time, and I finally did it.

More balloon testing without my involvement.

My extensive Christmas sock collection comes in handy on Crazy Sock Day!

He made a microphone out of Tinkertoys and was announcing something at the Zoo.  I wish I could remember what!

He's our expert wall climber!





She's learning, too!

Crazy Hat Day was worth remembering, too.



More reading fun before getting Grace at school!

No comments: