April 9, 2017

Another Fat Quarter Dress

After making this dress for Grace, I was in the mood for more sewing, and I found another set of fat quarters I just loved.  I didn't take a picture of it, unfortunately, but you can see it here in the bodice, sash, ruffle, and a few of the skirt panels of the twirly skirt.  The bodice fabric is my favorite, followed closely by the ruffle.  And Grace loves blue, so it's the perfect set of colors.  I learned from my mistakes on the earlier dress and decided to change the skirt.  After I had the skirt partway finished, I realized it wasn't very twirly, so I bought a couple more fat quarters so that I could add four trapezoids and make it more twirly.  I'm so happy with how it turned out.  This is my favorite dress I've sewn in a long time!



To give credit where credit is due, the bodice is from here and the skirt was inspired by this one.  Special thanks to Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Gorgeous!