April 1, 2017

Let's Wrap Up March

Jonathan participated in Walk Through the Ancient World, and since his class was so small, he was responsible for representing two characters - first, Ptolemy I, for whom we crafted this armor out of foam board.  Please don't overlook the armored skirt thingy.  It's brown.  I'm sure it has a special name.


Second, here's Pythagoras, the perfect character for Jonathan.

Also here, is Jonathan's completed science project.  I am always happy to see these things leave the house.  I should mention that this is only the second project any of my kids have attempted or completed.  And I don't do the projects for them (him,) but it would be easier if I did.

Also, I don't buy spring pictures as a rule, but when Benjamin's came back looking like this, I had to buy a sheet!

Benjamin is misinformed about how deep the tooth fairy's pockets are at our house!


The shark tooth finally came out!  (The permanent tooth had already come in behind the baby one.)

Here Jonathan and I working on Ptolemy's armor and shield.  A pesky project.


He doesn't look excited, but his project earned honors both at his school and at the county competition.

Jonathan attended the district music festival, and we were all surprised to see him playing the lead guitar part.

I got to do something I had been wanting to do for a long time:  I went to one of those painting parties for a friend's birthday.  I learned what I will and won't do next time.  The photo above shows our pictures in process.  For better or worse, here's my final project.


One of my favorite features on the minivan is the fact that it alerts me to a deflating tire before the tire is flat.  I've been saved from being stranded on the road a couple times now because this indicator comes on before the situation is an emergency.  I'm so thankful!

Pizookie date with my favorite youngest child.

I love how he loves to play his guitar.

I got to go on a field trip with Grace because it was in the morning while Benjamin was at kindergarten!

This made me laugh so hard.  Way to be honest, Benjamin!

Jonathan worked hard on his Ptolemy I costume...

and Jeff played along!

Grace and Benjamin enjoyed the scraps.

Reading before getting Grace.

He's just fun.  (This is the opossum that he chose when it was time to break the finger-sucking habit.)

Grace enjoyed her ocean sticker book.  She loves all things related to the ocean!

No comments: