The tree branches were so heavy with snow! Later in the day, when the temperature warmed up a bit, snow would fall off the trees in mini-avalanches, and you could get dumped on if you weren't careful. It was great.
The snow was so beautiful, as you can see in the pictures. The pictures don't show how complainy our kids got at times. I earned a few gray hairs from frustration on this hike. We learned a little bit more about family snowshoeing: mainly that we were too ambitious and took too long of a hike, and we should only bring the sled for downhill purposes. Jonathan wanted to ride in it instead of walking, which made for harder work for Jeff, and then Jonathan would fall out of the sled and get mad...I won't go on. I feel more gray hairs sprouting.

1 comment:
Wow. What a great trip, even if it meant more gray hairs for you. I'm discovering that sometimes the most memorable and special family adventures are the ones that stress me out the most. I guess it's a good reminder to just let go sometimes and enjoy the moment.
I'm glad you did.
Post a Comment