So excited to conquer the stairs!
Watch me go!
Eyelashes.

Toes.

Bashful.
Benjamin weighs 23 lbs., 7 oz. That's only 4 oz. more than last month. (Jonathan was 20 lbs., 8 oz. at 10 mos., FYI.) I thought his little thighs were looking less chunky! Apparently, I need to do a better job of getting some fat into his diet. I'll be making the effort to do that daily now. He is still nursing at each meal and then eating solids...amazing amounts of solids. He will easily eat an entire, large, steamed, sweet potato in one sitting. When we are on the go and I occasionally have to use the Gerber baby food, he will eat four containers of it. Yes, that's 16 oz., which is a lot...and expensive. However, all that solid food is just fruits and veggies, which don't have a lot of calories, and when he nurses, I don't think he's drinking much at all. He has tried cheese and yogurt, so I'll be making sure he eats some more of that, and avocado, and maybe some goat's milk...we'll see. He's obviously not starving, and he dirties amazing numbers of diapers each day, but he needs to gain more than four ounces in a month.
He is still smiley and giggly. He's very loud now, whether he's babbling, yelling for fun, or yelling because he's mad. He still doesn't have any teeth. He "crawls" by dragging his belly on the ground, and he pulls himself along with his left forearm and right hand, and pushes with his right foot. He's pulling up to kneeling a lot, but not up to standing yet. Since Grace was such a late walker, we're encouraging him to stand as much as possible. He's very happy to put weight on his legs, which makes us very happy, too.
Benjamin is a wonderful joy to all of us. I can't believe his first birthday is just around the corner and I'll be figuring out how to celebrate my two boys' birthdays just a week apart from each other!
And, just for fun, here's Grace at 10 mos. and Jonathan at 10 mos. (Scroll down to the October 10 pictures. Blogger only allowed one picture per post at that point, and I couldn't limit myself to just one picture!)
2 comments:
Try Greek yogurt for protein. We get Chobani as it has the highest protein content. :-)
Is it any comfort that at 17 months Maria is still just a smidge under twenty pounds? She loves Greek yogurt too. In any case, he looks fab!
Post a Comment