A dear friend of mine (you know who you are, my friend!) has made a tradition of sending handprint kits to my kids on their first birthdays. The first two things I love about this are 1) we have been friends long enough to have traditions, and 2) I have enough kids that this gift has become a tradition.
The handprint kit has a tin for each of the kiddo's first five years. I generally don't get the handprint done on the birthday, but I figure a month late is OK...right? :) Here are the one-year-old handprints for the kids: Jonathan, Grace, and Benjamin.

It's hard to take a picture of something white, so I hope you can see it. The main difference I see between the three is that Jonathan's hand was so slim, and that Benjamin tried to grab the plaster. He was really mad that I took it away from him. (See the how the index finger dug in?) If I remember correctly, Jonathan and Grace were pretty mad to touch it in the first place, but not Benjamin. He is all about texture and feeling things.
I'm thankful to be able to enjoy each of my kids and soak in their milestones as they come.
No comments:
Post a Comment