February 1, 2012

And...A Gracie Story

If you've ever had a kid in elementary school, or if you have ever been a kid in elementary school, you've probably heard the song "Jingle Bells" sung with these lyrics:

Jingle bells, Batman smells,
Robin laid an egg...

If you've heard it, I know I don't need to type the rest. Jonathan learned these lyrics from a little girl in his class in December and we've heard them daily ever since.

So, yesterday, Grace spontaneously broke into song:

Jingle bells, that man smells,
Robin laid an egg!
Batmobile lost its wheel
And Joker ran to the bathroom!

We cracked up! And she really did not appreciate us laughing at her. But it was really funny.

1 comment:

VM Family said...

I guess this adorable and funny story about Grace finally brings some redemption to that awful song!

I know you well enough to know just how much you must LOVE hearing Jonathan singing it every day! :)