We sent a little treat to Gracie's classmates for her birthday. The lighting is a little weird on these pics because Jonathan and I took them at night on the kitchen counter, and the under-cabinet lighting is fluorescent. But you'll get the idea. Anyway, any treat we send has to be packaged, of course - nothing homemade allowed. I decided to use some leftover pretzel bags, some leftover erasers from Valentine's Day, and add in some springy Hershey's kisses to make some teeny-tiny treat bags.
Jonathan tried our hand at making our own little tags. And we had fun! We typed this up on the computer, and he knew how to make a little kitty by typing characters from the keyboard. We were happy with how they turned out! Jonathan, who is my quality-time kid, loved spending that time together, and he was pretty excited to learn a couple of different things on the computer. (The day will come very soon when I can't teach him a thing on the computer - but since our kids don't get much computer time, I can still teach him a few things!) He went to bed very happy. And Grace, my gifts kid, was very happy to wake up and see what we had given to her. It was such an easy and rewarding experience that I'm guessing we'll make little bags with tags again sometime soon.
After Grace gave the goodies to her class on her birthday, she told me that "Hershey kisses are not very popular" in her class. I was surprised that they would reject kisses - my favorite - but what she meant was that they are rare in her class, so the kids were excited to have them. I was happy.
Incidentally, we had to refill the stapler during this project. It made me wonder...how long has it been since I bought staples? It looks like I'll only buy them once in my life, based on how many are left, and I bought these from a store that no longer exists during a time when stores used price tags and checkers who punched in the actual price of the item before we paid.
No comments:
Post a Comment