October 22, 2009

The Zoo


By Friday, Jeff and I agreed that we were done with attractions. But, since we already had our passes and were in San Diego, we needed to go to the zoo. After all, it's THE Zoo, right? So, off we went.

Now I totally understand why my friend, Dorothy (and probably others) are disappointed by all other zoos after going to the one in San Diego. It really was amazing.

Little Mr. Mechanical was super excited to try one of those machines that smashes your penny into a souvenir. It's amazing how much joy could come from $.51! He was thrilled.

By early afternoon, we wanted to do what the koalas were doing. So, we went home, happy to have seen the zoo but happy to go to our little home-away-from-home for naps.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Well...I'm with Jonathan on liking the smashed pennies. Please tell him that this summer I came across a book specifically designed to hold all the smashed pennies! It was very cool, and I really wanted to buy it. I refrained, however. What is it about those machines? I'm sort of a tight-wad, but I LOVE sticking my two quarters and a penny into those things. :-)

Glad you had a fun vacation!
Love, Karyn