We got to visit Ella and Delia yesterday, which Jen posted about. You should know that the girls loooove to play dress-up and set up pretend scenarios to act out. When it was time to play princesses, Jonathan was armed with his knight costume so that he would have a masculine option. (On a previous visit, he had been asked to be a groom, which is not very attractive to a five-year-old boy.)


This time, Ella wrote "lines" for each of the kids to say. I think the idea was that Jonathan was the "handsome prince" and the girls were the princesses. Jonathan was not very into the idea of being a prince or saying lines, but when Jen and I assured him that it was just pretend and he didn't really have to say the "lines," he perked up. He really just wanted to slap things with his paper sword. Riding the girls' stick horses was pretty exciting, too.
I think I may have to send Grace over to Jen's house for some lessons in girly play, because at our house, she mostly plays with balls, cars, and books these days!
We all had a great visit with Jen and the girls...and the kids kept us very entertained!
2 comments:
Thanks for being such a good sport, Jonathan! :)
Jonathan, you make a great knight. Have your daddy tell you why that's a great role aspiration for life.
Post a Comment