So, I think we've established the fact that I'm a little clueless about teeth. Either my kids don't make a big fuss about teeth coming in, or I don't notice it for what it is, or both.
You might know that Grace, at 14 mos., has just three teeth: the two middle bottom ones and one on top. We brush them, and her empty gums in back, pretty faithfully.
Apparently, Grace actually has five teeth. I discovered two today, while she was taking a bath. Her two other teeth are molars. The one on the bottom left is mostly through, with all four pointy parts showing, and the one on the top right only has one pointy part poking through. This is probably only interesting to the Grandmas, but I am still pretty surprised about it.
She is her own girl on her own schedule, and even her teeth are reminding us of that. I hope that the other teeth in front that I expected before the molars are in there somewhere!
1 comment:
We know all about funking teeth order around here. Nathan's and Matthew's were both basically in the "standard" order, and rather early (i.e. Matthew has fourteen teeth!). But Micah... He cut SIX while he was in the hospital in April (pediatrician thinks the breathing tube did his "teething" for him since he doesn't put anything voluntarily into his mouth). He had his two-year molars before his front top center!
Post a Comment