December 22, 2012

Imagination Is Alive and Well

Jonathan is in his first year of Cub Scouts, and at his last pack meeting, the boys were given special slides to put on their kerchiefs.  (The slide is the fastener thingy that keeps it together at the front of his neck.)  Somebody made gingerbread men out of wood and PVC pipe, and they were pretty cute.

Jonathan saw something different in the gingerbread man, though.  He saw an Indian.  (He knows they're not technically called Indians now, but after reading books on the "Pilgrims and Indians" topic, the name stuck.)  He made a knife out of construction paper, a bow and arrow out of a pipe cleaner, drew the details on the man, and...there you have it!

This picture accidentally focused in on Jonathan...

And this on on the "Indian."
(I suppose I should take more time to get acquainted with my camera...or I could just keep taking my chances.  :)  )

No comments: