December 27, 2012

Benjamin's Birthday

John came out to help celebrate the boys' birthdays.  I don't have many pictures with him, so here's one of him with Grace.  He did a whole lot of playing and talking with the kids, and they loved having him here.

I can't believe Benjamin is two!  I did a little walking down memory lane and looked at some of the blog posts leading up to, and shortly after, his birth.  (You can, too - the posts are by date in the blog sidebar.)  I hadn't forgotten how painful that pregnancy was, or how hard it was to go to the doc's office a few times each week, but I had forgotten how sick I was (some sort of awful cough thing) when he was born.  I couldn't even talk without coughing.  Not great when trying to heal from a c-section!
ANYWAY, we are so thankful he's here, and safely, and he's still keeping me quite busy!  But gosh, I am so much more comfortable now.  :)

My mom, lifesaver that she is, made cupcakes for Benjamin's little family party.  That helped me so much.  Somehow, December is always so intense for us, despite my efforts to keep things simple and say "no" to the extras.  So, I was thankful that she made the cupcakes!  And they were delicious, of course!

Here's my grandma with Fernando and Linnea's youngest, Nicolette.

I don't have pictures of everyone who came, but we sure appreciate all of you who came to Benjamin's little party during a very busy time of year.
He's past the stage of enjoying the boxes more than the gifts inside, so it was fun to see him get excited about what was in each package.  Jeff unwrapped gifts with him, so I got to take pictures.  Usually our roles are opposite.  I enjoyed watching!




Each of Benjamin's gifts was a hit - with him, of course, but Grace has also been enjoying a lot of them, too.  I guess that's the beauty of having siblings close together.

Doreen couldn't come (we missed you!) but she still sent her delicious and beautiful cookies.

Benjamin was SO thrilled to have fire close enough to touch it!  He loves fire.  Hopefully his love for flames will calm down as he grows older.  He blew out the candles on the first try.

But, he didn't want to eat his cupcake without a fork.

Two!

My baby boy...and his "picture face."

Signing "thank you" for a gift from Uncle Jamie and Aunt Michelle

Grace sharing some love with her brother.  She really loves him, especially when he's not trying to grab her toys.

Among other fun things, he got a new Duplo camping set.  He's been having fun playing with all his loot.  Thanks, everyone, for making a special celebration for our sweet boy!

No comments: