July 18, 2014

Asking

One of the many ways that Benjamin is his own little person, different from his siblings, is that he's constantly asking.  The others ask, too, but not as much as Benjamin.  Often he's asking about songs - what the song on the radio is called, what the words mean, why the singer is saying them, etc.  One of the perks of the radio in my van is that you can push a button to find out the name of the song that is playing.  I use that one all the time!  And, I'm glad we're listening to songs that have nothing to hide, and I can explain the lyrics to him without editing them.

He also asks a lot about the world around him and what those words mean.  Today he asked me, "Does an airplane spray out air?"  I told him no, that an airplane flies through the air, and that's why it's called an airplane.  And then he said, "And a helicopter flies through the helicops."

Um, no, that's not why it's called a helicopter - a helicopter also flies through the air - but I sure didn't know why a helicopter is called a helicopter.  I guess Benjamin and I need to find out!

No comments: