On Wednesday, our camp sends us to the beach boardwalk on a train that winds through the redwood forest. Now, I have to confess that when the kids were younger, this was my least favorite day of the week. It was complicated, stressful, and exhausting. (How did I manage this while nursing? Thankfully, the memories of the hard parts are vague, but the fun parts are clear. You can see them if you look at June 2011 on the blog.) However, it has always been the day that we see the most of Jen, Ella, and Delia, so that's a highlight for us. And now that train day is so much easier, it's a favorite day, even for me, and having time with Jen is still a great perk!
Here are some pictures of our train day. This first one of my three favorite guys may be my favorite picture from the whole week.
Jen and I don't have many (any?) pictures of just us, and this one's blurry, but I'm still glad we have it.
Jeff and I are so thankful that God has blessed our family with the tradition of going to family camp four years in a row now. And the kids can't wait for next year!
Off the train, and on the boardwalk...
Goodbye to the boardwalk, and back to camp...
Even the big kids are tired.
But, there's still time to ham it up for the camera.
Yup, tired...
Back at camp, we treated the kids to some Marianne's ice cream. 1020 is the best flavor, take my word for it.
And when the younger kids were resting, Jonathan and I got some good one-on-one time. He plays a mean game of Connect Four. But, so do I!




2 comments:
Fun to share this day with you once again this year! Thanks for being our Train Buddies! :)
Great pictures! Can't wait to try 1020 ice cream!
Post a Comment