January 11, 2015

A Stop for Me on the Way Home

It was really important to Jeff that we stop and do something for me on the way home from Legoland.  I was perfectly happy with going to Legoland, but I suggested we stop someplace on the coast on the way home.  Jeff found a place where we had never been, and an Embassy Suites with a great view (and, of course, enough room for all of us to sleep, with a bedroom with a door, and a free breakfast.)

I think I mentioned that there had been a storm.  I had thought I might sit on the beach and watch the kids play in the sand.  But, it was windy and chilly, so we didn't do any sitting.  The waves and the view were beautiful!  The Embassy Suites, we decided, probably used to be some sort of resort, so we got to enjoy its heated pool and giant hot tub.  (Well, of course, I didn't get in the pool - I was too cold - but I did enjoy the hot tub!)  The swim turned out to be a highlight of our time there.



Grace wrote this message to me for the day after my birthday.



We rented a surrey and pedaled it to a park, which the kids really enjoyed.



The surrey was fun, but the kids were pretty done by this point…

 and then we drove home.  As you can see, it was a successful trip!  It's a very rare occasion that they sleep in the car, especially all at the same time.  I'm so thankful we got to celebrate our birthdays together.

Oh, and I almost forgot:  One last picture from Jeff's phone.

No comments: