January 23, 2015

A Few More Christmastimey Pictures

These pictures seem to be in no particular order, but they are from Christmas and the surrounding days.

It's good to have a close-in-age sibling who shares your sense of humor and ideas of what is fun.


Benjamin got this "drilling game," as he calls it, for early Christmas when we celebrated as a family on the 6th.  If his speech therapist, teacher, and physical therapist could see him now, they'd love this activity…and be thrilled at how far he's come.

He wanted help with the "Baby Jesus Map."  I guess that is pretty much what this is, right?


She really doesn't like to read to adults, but her expressive voice when she is reading to her stuffed animals behind a closed bedroom door is amazing.  Truly, I've never heard anything like it in someone her age.  I can't get her to do it with people.  So, it was a fun and rare moment to see her reading (quietly) to Jeff.


They enjoyed their watercolors from their stockings.  And she liked her new ballet duds, too.

Of course, Jonathan had to dive into a book right away.

There's no picture, but we enjoyed baked french toast for breakfast on Christmas Day, and Jeff made a scrumptious seafood chowder for our Christmas dinner.

Benjamin loved his Play-Doh Fun Factory from faraway family…and so did his siblings.  You can see why he calls it his stapler.


We gave a couple of little gifts to Benjamin's "teachers" in the kids' area at the gym.  He wrote their names on the bags when I told him what letters to write.  The teachers are Rubi and Angie if you can't tell.  He always wants to do a lower-case "a."

Jonathan's card for his teacher included origami directions and divisibility tests.  I mean, who wouldn't want that in their Christmas card, right?

Teaching Grace how to make a paper chain was one of my better parenting moves.

I love how a new Lego let suddenly puts them on the same team.  Grace got Cloud Cuckoo Land at our early family Christmas, so she's very happy to have UniKitty, her favorite character.


No comments: