January 23, 2015

One More Thing About My Birthday

Well, it happened…I turned 40.  I have to note one thing that four of my friends did for my birthday that was very memorable.  They all live far away, and they collaborated (schemed?) to send me packages in a "This is Your Life" theme, and then I was to open the packages all together.  (I did.)  Each friend took a decade and sent me gifts and notes that went with that decade of my life.  I was totally blown away by the thought that went into this.  (Yes, Jeff took this picture of me opening my packages, and I'm obviously not dressed up for a picture.)  I laughed out loud quite a bit, and I shed a few tears, too.  I am so blessed to have such thoughtful friends who would do this for me, and take the trouble to do it from far away!

No comments: