Here are some pictures of the swimming the kids did in June. If they're in their black suits, then they're at a meet. Swim meets were a new thing for us, and slowly we learned how to navigate them.
I just love this picture of my little fishies.
She wanted her hair done like Princess Leia for practice one day. She thought it was hilarious. It really was, but it made her head sore, and we had to change her hairdo. Figuring out swim caps and goggles was new to me, but I did it.
Here are the kids and my mom in the tent city at a swim meet. She was so great to come to the meets whenever she could. The kids enjoyed reading, lounging, and snacking in between their events.
This was a swim meet that I tackled without Jeff. Thankfully, I had help from my mom once we were there.
Our dear, longtime friend, Matt - a college friend of mine and then a friend of Jeff's, too - came to visit us, and he joined us for the beginning of the meet. The kids really enjoyed Matt, and I was glad jeff could spend some time chatting with him over coffee, even if it meant I was managing the kids' meet on my own for a bit.
More time in the tent city at a meet
Grace's stance is really silly in this pic, but I still love it.
Our kids' hard work and perseverance made us really proud.

No comments:
Post a Comment