November 11, 2009

Family Day

Jeff had the day off today, and we took advantage of the family time to do some exploring and sightseeing in some little towns and lesser-known places that are not too far away from here.


Two very content people.

Jeff with the kids. Jonathan is displaying his favorite leaf.

Jonathan loved these teepees. That's not the correct name for them here, but you know what I mean. J. kept forgetting the right name for them, so he substituted other letters for "TP" which was pretty cute. I fed Grace while the boys explored the area, and when we joined them a little later, Jonathan decided to be a tour guide. Or docent. Actually, docent might be a good role for him when he's older.

I first heard about these in fourth grade social studies. It's been a long time, but it's still so cool to picture the Indian women grinding acorns in these mortars.

A pine cone as big as his head.



3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sweet picture!

Cheryl said...

Sweet picture of Amy & Grace. WOW on the pine cone Jonathan. Jeff looks very content as a good daddy!

Karyn said...

I'm feeling like I've been where you went on your family day. The grinding rocks and the tepees look VERY familiar. Where exactly did you go? I can't remember what the place was called, but I remember my mom taking us there a few times to learn about the local Indians (as we called them back in the day)... Now I'm reliving childhood memories. Are there daffodils that bloom in the spring? Fun!

Love, Karyn