October 1, 2010

28-Week Appointment

I will be 28 weeks along tomorrow, so I had my appointment with the midwife today, and I'm thankful to say that she thinks all is going well with the baby and me.  I'm so happy that I passed my glucose tolerance screening.  I have been somewhat of a worry wart this month, with all the comments I've been getting regarding the large size of my belly.  And the fact that I'm outgrowing my maternity clothes.  My midwife was very reassuring and said that I am (still) measuring big but that's to be expected, and we will do an ultrasound in a couple of weeks to check on the baby's size just to put our minds at ease.  (She says I look like someone stuck a basketball on my tummy.  My sister says so, too.)  The baby's head is down, and he/she has switched from lots swift kicks to lots of sustained stretches and pushes.  Jeff, Jonathan, and Grace have all had the strange experience of feeling a large, hard bump pushing out against my tummy, trying to make some more space.

Hope this all makes sense.  I have run out of energy today, and I'm feeling a little foggy.  Anyway, I'm so thankful for how things are going with the baby, and thankful that you are here checking in.  The next big news will likely how Grace and Jonathan do as they transition to room sharing.  I'll post about it when it happens.

No comments: