October 6, 2010

It's Official

The baby has migrated up to my ribs.

Please know that we are so thankful for this baby and excited for him/her to come, so my lament over this development doesn't change that.  But, I am sobered by the fact that my due date is 11.5 weeks away, and I am already feeling discomfort in my ribs (just on the left, so far) when I sit in the car or on the couch because the baby is pushing up, and pushing hard.  That makes breathing interesting, too.  I don't remember the rib thing starting so soon with the other two little darlings.  With Grace, the pushing hurt my back, too.  With Jonathan, I think it was for the final four weeks, and with Grace, it was earlier.  Like I said, we are so thankful for "Apple Baby," and I will keep the end reward in mind while I feel the pain in my ribs.  But, I can't believe that I am likely to feel this way, more and more, until Christmas.

1 comment:

Jaynespace said...

It is a time honored tradition and privilege to complain about the discomfort your beloved baby is causing you AND to occasionally remind them about it later when they're out. Doesn't diminish the the miracle!