October 4, 2010

Lasts and Firsts

I love sleeping baby/kid pictures. And since Grace is about to move out of the nursery into what is, right now, Jonathan's room, I've been wanting to get a picture or two of her last sleeps in her crib. Unfortunately, she's a very light sleeper. But not in the way you might think. I'm sure I have dozens of sleeping pictures of Jonathan, because he doesn't wake up when I open his door and take his picture. Grace, though, pops her head up as soon as she hears the doorknob. She doesn't fuss and goes right back to sleep, which is great, but it makes it nearly impossible to capture her on camera while she sleeps.

A few days ago, I went in to get her after her nap, and she was asleep!!! I sprinted (or whatever they call it when a very pregnant person tries to move quickly) to get the camera, turned it on, and read "Replace Battery Pack." Grr! So I sprinted to get the battery. By the time I returned to Grace's room, she was stirring, but I took pictures anyway.

A groggy, sweaty baby is still pretty cute.

And she woke up happy!

The other night, when we got back from date night, I checked on her before we went to bed. My mom helped us out for the evening because the babysitter got sick. (Thanks, Mom!) Mom must have the magic touch, because Grace was sleeping hard. I got a picture of one of her last sleeps in the nursery, just like I was hoping:

Today, I gave her the first nap in her new-to-her crib. Jonathan has been anxious for her to begin sharing his room. (I'm pretty proud of myself because he's so excited. I hope it works out as well as I've been telling him!) We'll try a few naps and then give nighttime a try. She took awhile to fall asleep, but sleep she did, and I got a picture.

Sorry for the awkward angle. Perhaps I should have chosen some less-crazy pants for her so your eyes didn't hurt looking at this one.

I'll take pictures of their room and post when I can. It's hard to get it all clean at once. But I'm optimistic about how they'll do sharing a room.

2 comments:

Wicker Family said...

Love it!!! I have lots of Anika (1st child) sleeping but next to nothing of the other two. Good for you for keeping a "photographic record" of these all too fleeting moments:-)

Ava said...

precious girl! miss you!!