The day that we say that Grace officially started walking. It's been kind of gradual, but today she turned a corner and walked from point A to point B many different times when it was her idea. She was and is very proud of herself. She's still crawling or riding her little car the majority of the time, but she seems genuinely excited to walk. We're thrilled! Not bad for 19 months old. :) Her pediatrician wanted me to call and update him in about a month, which is right about now, and I'm happy to be able to call him and tell him about her progress.
I plan to post video and pictures tomorrow. You'll see even more ways that Grace is her own girl and a totally different person than her brother. He started walking one day, almost out of the blue, and was a walker for good after that. He used to put his fists up by his shoulders and stick his tummy out as he walked. She has started gradually and I guess she'll continue the gradual increase of walking, and she puts her hands on her chest to balance. Super cute...I'll show off tomorrow. The more walking she does, the better, as her weight plus my baby weight is approximately 60 extra lbs. to carry around these days. And that's serious business on the stairs. Whew!
We are thankful she's figuring this out and enjoying the progress each of our kids is making in his or her time and way!
2 comments:
This makes me SMILE! I'm so happy. Perfect timing! Can't wait to see. :) I thought she was doing really well holding my hand the other day, though.
Yay, Gracie!!
Post a Comment