I have two projects done, below. I also plan to make an art smock out of some of the remaining vinyl as Jonathan has worn out his Thomas the Train smock. That may or may not happen before the baby comes!
Here's the first project. (I had to get my machine repaired after this one. It was a bear!) It's an organizer that hangs on the back of the car seat but in front of Jonathan. I hope it calms some of the backseat chaos with all the books that end up back there.

Here's the second one. It's a pocket organizer (technically a shoe holder) for the back of Jonathan and Grace's door. I plan to put Grace's socks, shoes, and hair bows in the top pockets and let him use the middle and bottom pockets for his treasures. A 5-year-old boy shouldn't be expected to share everything with his little sister, should he? He's pretty excited about this and tells me he's going to put his Playmobil guys and their things in there. I'm sure some Hot Wheels and other odds and ends will end up living there, too.

1 comment:
These look great, Ames! I can't tell you how useful the one that you made for me has been. Seriously a lifesaver. So great to have storage at eye level instead of bending over to get everything (especially since I don't have any drawers in their room!). My glutes love you for this invention!
Post a Comment