June 25, 2012

The Haircut I Haven't Blogged About (from April)

Back in April, Jonathan's mop of thick hair was desperate for a cut.  We had let it get really shaggy.  (And no, I'm not ungrateful...a thick head of hair is a great problem to have.)  One evening, he and Jeff decided that it was time for a buzz cut.  So, they had to get to work right away.  In the backyard.  With a windbreaker as a cape.  And Jeff's clippers.
Jeff's clippers were no match for Jonathan's hair.  This was as far as the haircut got before the clippers totally pooped out.  They knew there would be no contest.
So, the next day, we took him in for a real haircut, and this was the result.  Our boy aged a year or two during his haircut, and he's wanted to keep the buzz cut ever since.  I really miss his little boy hair, but I figure he is old enough to choose the way he wants his hair to be...within reason.  And Jeff ordered real clippers from Amazon so that they can do future cuts at home in the backyard.  When you see that someone got a little enthusiastic with the clippers, you can talk to Jeff!

No comments: