Jonathan suddenly finds crafty things fascinating. He has been interested in weaving and sewing stuffed things. Since it's summer (oh, how I love summer break!) I agreed to help him sew a stuffed something after we got back from camp. He's been so anxious to get started! We decided to make a Schneeky Schnake. I copied the idea for the most part, so I won't rewrite everything here, but I did make one significant change: I used a Sharpie to put dots where Jonathan should push the needle through. I thought that might help a very particular boy with his first-time sewing project. Here's the schnake, all ready to get started.
And here he is, all finished. We tried to use yarn instead of thread, but that was too thick...and difficult...so we switched to embroidery floss. I had to help with some untangling and did about 1/3 of the stitching and half of the stuffing. I didn't think that was too bad! Jonathan was so excited about this project the entire way through. He wanted me to take these pictures of the snake and share them with everyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment