December 23, 2014

Jonathan's Tenth Birthday

Our firstborn is ten…and we have been parents for ten years.  I can't describe how thankful we are to be parents in general…and especially how thankful we are for Jonathan.  His interview is here.  As is our tradition, we got him up in the morning on this school day by singing "Happy Birthday" to him in his room, and then having him open his birthday gifts in his PJs at the breakfast table.  Family and friends were so sweet to give gifts to him and remember his birthday, even without a party.

Here are some of his gifts, which emphasized Origami...


good books...


and drawing.


I was touched by how each gift showed that the giver had really thought about our boy and what he loves.  The pictures are taken on our old camera, because my "big" good camera…and everything we needed for a secret birthday getaway…was already packed in the car.  Jeff and I didn't have a gift for Jonathan to open.  The kids knew nothing.  Jeff and I were so excited.  The suspense was killing us.  I'll post about it next!

1 comment:

VM Family said...

The suspense is killing me too! :) Can't wait to read all about it!