September 9, 2010

Standing?

Grace is not yet standing on her own or taking any steps. We're pretty convinced she's strong enough and just needs a little more balance...and a lot more desire. I'm not sure how to give her the desire. She can go where she wants to go fairly easily and has been able to climb up and down the stairs independently for months. I hope and pray she'll use some of that independence to learn to walk very soon.

Yesterday, she was scooting her car sideways across the kitchen, holding onto the steering wheel, like this...

and she let go and stood on her own for two seconds. OK, maybe it was only one second, but still, she wasn't holding on to anything. Then, she ever-so-slowly squatted down and lowered herself to the floor. I'm hoping that teeny bit of progress is foreshadowing some steps very soon. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's not working very well!

No comments: