September 23, 2010

Walking Progress?!

Grace and I visited both my parents at different times this morning, and between the three of us grownups, we pushed her walking skills pretty hard. Grownup efforts haven't seemed to make much difference to her in the past, but today we had a breakthrough. Grace decided she was willing to walk holding onto just one grownup hand! (In the past, she'd fuss and sit down if she didn't have both hands to hold.)

And I don't know what Jonathan is doing in this picture. :)

Go, girlie, go!

A few months back, I predicted that it would be August or September when Gracie started walking. It looks like I may be wrong and have to wait until October. But it would be really nice if she'd walk in September! Either way, she's making progress, and we're thankful.

Just for fun, here's a post about Jonathan shortly before he started walking. He was awfully cute! Grace is in a size 5 shoe, and I was thinking that Jonathan's feet were about that size when he started walking, but actually, looking back, I see that he was in a 6. I'm glad her feet are trending smaller than his!

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

It will be any day now! I am excited for Grace, but also really excited for you. I can only imagine what it must be like to be getting very pregnant and still needing to carry an almost-toddling toddler.

At least with Liam, once he finally took those first steps, it wasn't long until he was walking and running with ease. Since he was older than most when he finally get the hang of it, he had much more coordination. Hopefully ti will be the same for Grace :-)

VM Family said...

Yay Grace! Soon you'll be running around with the big kids!

Love that "Watermelon Smuggler" shirt, too! :)

Jaynespace said...

Walking with one hand is 95% walking!and cute! And walking late doesn't seem to have held you back;)