September 3, 2010

24 Weeks, and All Is Well!

Grace and I went to my appointment with the midwife today.  Other than the elevator breaking and having some minor stroller adventures on the stairs, it was a great appointment.  We are so thankful for this baby-on-the-way and still can't believe he/she is coming.

The midwife said that things look "fabulous," and the baby's heart rate sounds good.  When she measured me, she said that it looks like I'm "building a good-sized baby, since that's what you do!"  (I don't usually hear the number, but this time, I measured 28 at almost 24 weeks.)  And she is not worried about how much weight I'm gaining since she says that the baby will likely be "good sized" and that I'll get back down to normal afterwards.  She said that I have a very active baby and had to chase it around a bit to keep hearing his/her heart.

All of this was music to my ears.  Did I mention how thankful we are for this baby, and that things seem to be going fine?  Next up, I will have my test to rule out gestational diabetes, and another appointment in four weeks.

No comments: