April 8, 2010

The Latest Sewing Project

Jeff had another trip this week, which means I did some more sewing. While he's gone and the kids are asleep, I like to have a fun project to work on. I don't always succeed, but this week I did:

It's a little too big (just like this one.) Next time I make something, I'll remember not to overestimate. One thing I loved about this pattern is that the bloomers were all in one piece. I guess you could say that the piece was shaped like a diaper, and the only seams were at the sides (plus elastic around the tummy and legs.)
The purpose of the hair bow is to satisfy my bow-loving sister.


You can see that Grace is not very into standing up yet, even when propped.

The fabric for this project and the previous one were not originally intended for Grace. I bought them at Hobby Lobby on this trip when Mom and I were dabbling in the world of Etsy. The fabric was for aprons like this that I didn't end up making because Etsy didn't go as far as we thought it might, and because I found out that I was expecting and didn't feel like doing any sewing...or much of anything else! I'm so, so thankful that Grace is here and that I have the chance to make some fun things for her. Another unexpected blessing!

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

What a sweet little dress. And I think you found the perfect use for that fabric. Clearly, it was meant to be :-)