I had to include this picture because Grace is gesturing up at the ceiling fans and saying "ffff," which is the main word she says besided "mama." "Fffff" applies to fans and anything else up in the air, including lights and balloons.
A baby dedication is actually more of a parent dedication than a baby dedication. We, as parents, dedicate ourselves to raising the children God has blessed us with to know Jesus and have faith in him. The pastor and congregation pray with us and for us and agree to support us as we raise our children to know God. And Jonathan and Grace will make the choice to follow Him when they are ready. We are so thankful for God's help and the help of others, because we certainly can't do any of this on our own!
I thought I might tear up during this significant time, but I managed to keep it together. Possibly because I was thinking about keeping Jonathan from performing a little show of his own? However, this song we sang by Bebo Norman did touch my heart, so I thought I'd include a link to it here:
To see posts about Jonathan's dedication, you can look at March 2005, then go waaay down to the bottom. Jeff and I were very new to blogging and to parenthood!
1 comment:
Yay! Thanks for electronically taking us to your church for Grace's dedication, even though we were too involved that Sunday to make it. Glad to hear you were blessed by the service!
Post a Comment