One thing I have thought about a lot is how I'll need an extra pair of hands to go grocery shopping and take Jonathan to school. We'll also probably want to go hiking as a family again, but one secondhand Kelty backpack will not carry Grace and the new baby. I've been looking around and watching other moms, and I decided that an Ergo Baby Carrier might be my ticket to an extra pair of hands. When one of my frugal blogs linked to a great deal on the carriers-and deals on these are rare-we decided to take the plunge and get one.
The Ergo should work from baby's infancy (with a special insert) through toddlerhood, up to 40 lbs. I can only imagine how it works as a front carrier with a baby inside, and I think I'll mostly use it with the new baby (still nicknamed Apple Baby around here,) but I decided to try it as a back-carrier with Grace.

Clearly I did not get dressed up for this...and yes, I am rather bulgy these days! Jonathan took the picture for me at the end of a long day. Grace is heavy in the carrier, but not awkward and actually comfortable. And she likes it.
Here I am giving her a few bounces. I'm looking forward to using the carrier for a long time. If you want the link to the deal, just let me know!
1 comment:
We LOVE our ergo!! We got ours when O was about 5 months old and we've used it so so much for both kids! I've even recently carried O in it and he's almost 5... Both kids just love being in there, and we love carrying them in it (and it's so comfy too!).
I hope you love yours as much as we love ours! You're looking so cute by the way...
Post a Comment