July 28, 2010

Planning and Pondering

When the baby comes, he/she will sleep in the nursery (where Grace is now) and Grace will join Jonathan in his room. I have been pondering how to reconfigure his room, which is not very big, to fit both of them. We will probably sell his shelf and dresser (which were already very well-used when we bought them) on Craigslist, and find a more space-efficient shelf and dresser at Ikea or secondhand. I found a secondhand crib at a friend's yard sale.

We already love the Expedit shelf and have a big one in the playroom and a small one in the downstairs hallway. I stumbled across this photo today at Project Nursery...

and it got my creative juices flowing. That's a problem, because I have too many projects started already. But, I keep thinking about how I could modify the Expedit shelf to look something like this. I don't want to paint the wall behind the shelf, but I do already have red, yellow, green, and blue paint leftover from other projects. Hmmmm...

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

You should check out http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ . It's my favorite kid's design blog, and they often feature shared room ideas.
Whatever you end up doing, I'm sure it will look great.