Jeff was really excited about this part. We all went to the factory where his guitar was made. It was more of a big workshop than a factory, because everything there is made by hand. It was really interesting, and the kids tolerated it well. Jeff's guitar even got some individual attention there and is now as good as new.
Jonathan enjoyed the tour, too, although it was a bit long for his taste.
There was a restaurant near our place that had on-site childcare. I am not kidding. It was attached to a health club, so I guess that's how they managed to provide childcare. How smart is that??? Jeff and I had an actual date,and enjoyed it completely. The food was very exotic for our tastes, and we do like lots of different things, but it was full of some unexpected flavors. Yay for date night! And the kids enjoyed their evening, too. (Note how long and neglected my nails are. This will make sense in a couple of pictures.)
Jonathan said that this was his favorite part of our vacation. There was a nearby nature center that offered classes for kids, and Jeff signed him up for a class for 4-6-year-olds about birds (raptors, eagles, etc.) It was out in the forest, and the kids got to watch a deer walk by as soon as we got there. Jonathan loooved his bird class, which mostly took place outdoors. We still hear about what he learned now and then. Above, you'll see evidence that his actually capable of coloring. He really must have enjoyed what he learned to pay that much attention to his picture!
While Jonathan enjoyed his class, Jeff dropped me off for some major spoiling time. I don't think I have ever done this many pampering-type things, especially all in one day. Jeff sent me for a massage, a manicure, and a pedicure. The gal cut my nails to a reasonable length and polished them, which hadn't happened in Grace's lifetime (the polish, I mean.) It was wonderful. While I relaxed, Jeff took Grace on a bike ride, went to get Jonathan, and then took care of both kids. I got soooo spoiled. It was amazing.
We discovered that Grace likes to color. Yay! She is not easy to keep occupied at a restaurant since she is generally very eager to eat. So, crayons help a lot.
Comics with Daddy = happiness
An early-morning hike on the Deschutes River
Grace in her pajamas and me with soaking wet hair. I was serious about it being early in the morning. This was just before we left Bend.
And for those of you who don't read Etch-A-Sketch, Jonathan wants you to know that this is a map of Oregon. He drew it on our way out of Bend, which was a very fun and relaxing stretch of our vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment