July 20, 2010

Independence Day




Grace received this dress a few days before the 4th in a bag of hand-me-downs. Great timing, yes? And she could just barely squeeze into it!

I am still not a chef, but I did manage a fruit pizza for the 4th of July. The key to a decent-looking fruit pizza is fractions and geometry. Luckily, I have experience in the area of 6th grade math that comes in handy making fruit pizzas.
Mom and Don came over and joined us late in the afternoon for some water table time, water balloons, and dinner.


He is pretending that he is snorkeling. He said he was an Aqua Raider, or something like that...

Everybody looks very serious here, but I think it's because Jeff was filling a water balloon. After a good visit with Mom and Don, we put Grace to bed and set off fireworks with our next-door neighbors. We hadn't all planned on pooling fireworks, so we ended up with way too many and stayed up way too late setting them off. We had a good time, though. The 4th of July is one of the few times that lots of neighbors on our street are out and about in their front yards instead of out back, and it was good to see everybody.

1 comment:

The Frugal Muse said...

LOVE Grace's dress and the fruit pizza- how festive!!