July 21, 2010

The New Glasses Age Him...

Jonathan's new glasses came in the mail yesterday from Zenni Optical. This was the first time he chose his glasses on his own. At first, I let him look through the children's glasses, and he chose glasses that reminded him of a zebra. Mean parents that we are, Jeff and I decided to take a different approach in order to avoid the zebra glasses. Jonathan said that he wanted glasses that were rectangles and not circles or ovals, and also they should be rimless at the bottom. So, we made a list of acceptable frames, and he chose his favorite pair from the list. It was a hard decision, but here they are:

We think he looks awfully grown-up and conservative. Jeff misses the funkier ones he wore before. Our little boy is growing up. He's come a long way from that first pair, the Fisher Price glasses that were only available in a model called "Jelly Bean."  Here's a video clip I posted on that day, May 10, 2007, when he was two.  I laughed and cried when I watched it this time around. (Remember, he had "I" and "you" reversed until he turned three.)

2 comments:

Grandma H said...

OMG!! Sniff-sniff.

Grandma H said...

I do love the new glasses!