This afternoon, I had the task of explaining the BP oil spill in the Gulf to Jonathan when he asked about it. I think my explanation made sense to him, but we'll see. It was more complicated than explaining what a murderer was when he saw the word "murder" in the newspaper earlier this week.
At his most recent gymnastics class (he's in the little boys' class) I met a little 5-year-old girl in a different class who had her own cell phone. I'm guessing he'll have plenty of kindergarten classmates with cellphones. Also, of the three boys in his gymnastics class, he was the only one without a mohawk. I am not kidding. I asked him what he thought of his friends' new haircuts, and he said, "fun." Which, in Jonathan-speak, does not indicate any desire to have a mohawk of his own. He got his hair cut yesterday, and I asked him if he wanted to do anything different, but he said he wanted the regular cut.
1 comment:
That was pretty brave - did you have an answer prepared if he had wanted a mohawk?
Post a Comment