The day after Benjamin's birthday and the day before his party, Jonathan was recognized at his school's awards assembly. He was given the character award for his class and the Rotary student of the month award for his grade level. His principal had such wonderful things to say about him. We all love his new school, teacher, and principal. I am really proud of both Jonathan and Grace for their hard work in school.
Grace's sign of love
After Benjamin's birthday party, Jeff and Grace went to see the Nutcracker. They have done this a couple of times now, and I think it will become a tradition. They love this daddy-daughter date.
Jonathan got busy with dominoes!
This is sort of a tradition for us, too - on the night each year that we go to Fernando and Linnea's for the Christmas gathering, since the kids are all dressed up together, I try to get cute pictures of them. The challenge varies each year, but I love having pictures of them together.
Here are all the kids at the gathering.
And the kids wanted pictures of some of the treasures they brought home.
Luke does have a jacket that goes with this hat. Maybe it was too warm with the new Hawaiian duds.
Thank you, everyone, for our special gifts!
This is a tradition that we've managed to keep even though we started with two little participants and now we have five. We don't always do it at the same time during the Christmas season, or at the same house...but we get together with the VMs to make some sort of Christmas cookie-isn sweetie treatie that can be decorated. This year, we tried a gingerbread house kit. We loved catching up with Dave and Jen and seeing their girls...and getting our kids together.
Now that the kids are big and we have to navigate school schedules - and we don't all live in the same town - and Jen is a teacher again - we don't see each other as often. But, it's always FUN!
Apparently, this is a comfortable position!
And then it was Christmas Eve. I found this season to be exhausting. The time from Thanksgiving to Christmas nearly flattened me. But, I love looking at the tree and reflecting on what really happened when Jesus was born. I really could lose all the trappings and be fine with that. But I haven't done it yet.
We give the kids one group gift on Christmas Eve. We give them their jimmies, which they always seem to forget about, and a movie. This year was Inside Out. I think last year was Mary Poppins.
This year, we let them open their gift from Brian and Anna and family, too. I never knew that kids could be so immediately attached to blankets, but they are. They use them daily - I know because I am writing this four months later!
And we try for our matching PJ picture. I sure love these people!














1 comment:
Awww, nothing like an end-of-April stroll down Christmas Memory Lane. ;)
Post a Comment