October 22, 2010

Almost 31 Weeks

As I wrote last Friday, the midwife wanted me to come back in and have my level of amniotic fluid rechecked in hopes that it hadn't increased.  (Here's a link about excessive amniotic fluid.)  Well, my previous AFI was 25, and yesterday, six days later, it was 32.  So, I am being referred to have a level 2 ultrasound for peace of mind.  She suggested that the high level could be because of the baby's kidneys or could be because the baby is large.  She is hoping that I'll be able to get that ultrasound done, and then come back in for another appointment with her afterwards, within the week.  So, I am waiting for a call from the ultrasound place and will go from there.

On the one hand, I hope and pray that everything with the baby is fine and that there are no problems.  On the other hand, I know that God is knitting this baby together and will be with us, no matter the outcome.  I hope you'll pray for the baby along with us, and I will post when I know more, hopefully within the next week or so.

3 comments:

VM Family said...

Totally get the need for peace of mind! Anything even a little out of the ordinary can seem scary. I just read your link about AFI and said a prayer for baby. I'll keep praying too! :)

The Frugal Muse said...

Praying that all is well!

Wicker Family said...

Praying for you and that precious little life!!!