October 9, 2010

Steps

Grace took four steps tonight! Yayyyy! Jonathan's paper crown had fallen off her head and she needed help with it, so she carried it that very short distance to me. I cheered her on like crazy, of course, and with much persuasion, she repeated her trick one more time before I put her to bed. Little by little, we're making progress.

In other news, I'm giving myself a hiatus (sabbatical?) from cloth diapers. I am absolutely exhausted, and as they say, "something's gotta give." For now, that's what it's going to be. I'll plan to start again once the baby is here, and I'll probably start just with the baby at first. We'll see how everything goes. Right now, it's a physical challenge to do each day, so I'll do today for now and worry about tomorrow when it comes.

Also, more great news, the kids have started sharing a room and that's going great so far. They both seem very excited to be in there together, AND they're sleeping. Grace loves her new crib, which is actually an old crib. The supports under the mattress are springy, which seem to be a lot more comfortable for sleeping and fun for jumping than the crib in the nursery, which just has bars for support. Both kids are all grins when we get them up in the morning. Let's hope the feelings last for both of them. I'm sure we'll have some bumps in the road at some point, but for now, so far, so good!

1 comment:

Wicker Family said...

Go, Grace, go!