I'm only weighing Grace once a week now. We figured she was "over the hump" and once a week would be enough. I weighed her before our trip, and she was 11 lbs., 11 oz. When she returned, she was still 11 lbs., 11 oz. I figured that was fine with all the crazy coming and going and the fact that I didn't pump consistently while we were gone. A week later (today,) I weighed her, and...you guessed it...she's still 11 lbs., 11 oz.
She's doing great in so many ways: She's sleeping well both for naps and nighttime, and really alert during her awake times. She's very smiley and chatty (our friends on our trip commented on this!) and starting to enjoy playing with her toys (or at least looking and swatting at them) and making lots of happy noises. So I know she's doing OK. However, she does need to keep gaining weight, especially since I was told that she needs to gain half an ounce to an ounce each day. She obviously hasn't been doing that. So, I guess I am going to need to work harder on getting her to drink more extra ounces again.
I'm not stressed about it because I see that she's developing and thriving, but I am disappointed because I was really ready to say goodbye to the pump. Apparently it's not time for that yet. At least it's paid for until June 30, whether I use it or not.
So, I'll weigh her again next week and hopefully see some progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment