May 31, 2009

A Party

Yup, this is my son, playing with plungers.
Actually, he's painting with them. Natalie's birthday party was yesterday, and Linnea brought in an art instructor to give the kids a few different art projects to work on. It was a fun idea, and the kids all had a great time. I sure know some mommies who throw great kid birthday parties. I'm not so talented in that area, but I really enjoy everyone else's creativity!
Here's another one of the projects. The "paintbrushes" the kids are using are made of toilet paper rolls with rubber band "bristles" attached. Jonathan thought it was hilarious how they wiggled.


Here, the kids are attaching little plastic shapes to contact paper. After they finished, they covered the contact paper with tissue paper. When they turned it over, the project looked like stained glass. Really neat.

Of course, all the kids had fun playing at the park and eating cupcakes, too. Thanks for a fun time, Natalie!

2 comments:

The VM Family said...

This is an incredible idea. Is this the friend who did the beach themed party last year?

Wicker Family said...

I'm totally out-done in the "birthday party throwing" department. But maybe I could steal some of these ideas. How fun!!!